Do you have a bucket-list of places you want to go? Things you want to do? Food you want to eat?
I certainly do – I love to travel, and I’ve been all over the world – 17 countries and counting.
The famous Galápagos Islands tops the bucket list of so many people. My theory? It’s a bucket-list in a bucket-list. If you’ve ever wanted the once-in-a-lifetime experience of swimming with sharks, playing with sea lions or hiking up a volcano, you will be able to check all these off your bucket list.
Here’s some other bucket list items I have checked off.
My Galapagos Bucket-list: Checked!
These are the amazing experiences I have been able to check off my bucket list on a Galapagos tour.
- Swim with penguins. Galapagos penguins are the only tropical penguin species – don’t try that in Antarctica.
- Swim among sharks! Don’t worry they’re harmless.
- Stand face to face with a giant tortoise
- Play with sea lions underwater
- Kayak with sharks
- Explore the inside of a giant lava tunnel
- Walk among piles of marine iguanas
- See giant swarms of rays
- Dance with the locals
- Eat everything from lobster to grilled cow intestines.
- See spectacular sunsets
- Jump off a cliff at Las Grietas swimming hole
- Swim with stingrays
My Galapagos Bucket list
I’ve been to the Galapagos, but I plan to go back. Why? I still want to see and do more.
- Swim with a whale shark – requires a combination of being there at the right season and luck!
- Go surfing in paradise on San Cristobal Island
- Swim or SCUBA dive with an enormous bat-like manta-ray
- One day, when I am a more advanced SCUBA diver, scuba dive among the hammerheads at Gordon Rocks.
What is on your bucket list for visiting the Galápagos Islands? Let us know in comments!